Hi James. Thanks for taking the time to help me with this. I think my problem
was caused by not having the hivemind-acegi module. I've now got that plus the
hivemind-acegi-dao, as I want to use a simple InMemoryDaoImpl.

I think I'm now back into Hivemind related issues, as this is where my Hivemind
knowledge breaks down. I can see in the hivemodule you've got this:

    <service-point id="UserDetailsService"
interface="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.UserDetailsService"/>

I need to provide my own implementation, something like this, though I'm not
quite sure how to specify the userMap. Fun with that later I suspect.

  <service-point id="userDetailsService"
interface="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.UserDetailsService">
    <invoke-factory>
      <construct class="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl">
        <set-object property="userMap">
          <value>
            [EMAIL PROTECTED],ROLE_SUPERUSER
            [EMAIL PROTECTED],ROLE_DATA_ADMINISTRATOR
            fred,ROLE_SUPPORT
          </value>
        </set-object>
      </construct>
    </invoke-factory>
  </service-point>

I've tried using a <contribution> :

  <!-- Acegi DAO seurity requirement -->
  <contribution configuration-id="hivemind.acegi.dao.UserDetailsService">
      <service name="UserDetailsService" object="service:userDetailsService"/>
  </contribution>

But since I'm not contributing to a named service I get an error. Hopefully I
just need to sort out these last two things and I'm up and running.

If you like once I get there I could write a how-to for you to use on the
tapestry-acegi site detailing what I did along with some concrete examples?

Rob Cole
CSA Web

+44 (0)20 754 51117

             "James Carman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

             01/09/2006 14:58

        "'Tapestry users'" <users@tapestry.apache.org>

                           cc

                                     Please respond to

                        "Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>

                      Subject

        RE: Tapestry Acegi

Tapestry-Acegi doesn't use Spring at all.  Can you send me the error
messages?  You need hivemind-acegi.jar in your classpath.