Good deal.

I've seen a couple of garden gnome ads on gmail when I've been viewing
emails on this list about trolling and trolls :-)

On 9/4/06, Josh Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It worked like a charm, Daniel!

I would have responded earlier but I was too busy playing with my
shiny new component..

The code below is magic, nothing less. It works with ajax, exposes all
the properties to edit that I want, has validation, and supports all
the intrinsically tapestry 4.1 features like the updateComponents
param. Very, very cool. Now, to start offering to build more
update/edit pages!

In related news: google ads isn't completely sure what we're smoking,
so it's offering me 'Garden Gnomes and more' on the right of my gmail
window... right on top of Free Red Hat 9.0 offers...

Thanks again one and all!

Josh

    <form jwcid="@Form" async= "ognl:true"  updateComponents =
"ognl:{'bform'}"
          delegate="bean:delegate" clientValidationEnabled="ognl: false" >

       properties =

"literal:firstName{required},lastName{required},company{required},dateCreated{required}"
bean = "ognl: restaurant"  save="listener:save" />
    </form>

On 9/3/06, Jesse Kuhnert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hehe...I have to admit - as much as I love programming with the
> exceptionally good Qt toolkit - I like using the gnome desktop much more
> than KDE :)
>
> On 9/3/06, Josh Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > ROFL! that's the best response ever!!
> >
> > I'm sorry about your awkward weekend though!
> >
> > So you get to upgrade linux and I'm stuck on SuSe 9.2 or 3. Seems like
> > everyones updating without me. But I will not be jealous. It doesn't
> > suit me. I finally uninstalled Red Hat 9 at best a year ago.. thought
> > that was progress. OK, so I'm jealous. My coworker switched from kde
> > to gnome of late and they've got some twisted OS X expose-style
> > effects built in, now... I have alt+tab.
> >
> > OK, anyway, I will follow up with (the simialarly sainted, generous,
> > and benevolent) Daniel and hopefully we'll resolve this. It'll be fun.
> > I'll have ajax-ready, one-liner forms. I could provide a full-page
> > editable form for an object with 20 properties using nothing more than
> > this working in 4.1! I can just imagine the hair that'll fall out when
> > the web designer sees it.. Imagine it...!
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Josh
> >

> > On 9/3/06, Jesse Kuhnert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Horrible weekend so far...I've spent it working on anything but what
> > want.
> > > (which is tapestry obviously)..First client project, then fixing old
> > wounds
> > > in maven2...Then happily upgraded to edgy eft (sweet!) .
> > >
> > > I think Daniel mentioned I broke his beanform at some point, but I
don't
> > > remember how I did it...I do remember not feeling very bad about it
> > after
> > > finding out why but that's as much of the details as I remember. I
> > assumed
> > > it was working again when I didn't hear anything back from him.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Test/$BeanForm.rows]: