Hello there. This is slightly OT, but since we have many gurus from JS
here like Jesse. I was wondering if you guys don't mind if I post this
here :)

My app will have some thousand of simultaneous users, using ajax that
polls messages from the chatserver with a 2sec interval.

Well, one of the problems I'm facing is how to know when the user is
still on the room. I'm already using window.onclose events, that sends
a message to the server, and remove him from the userList. But I have
2 other problems:

1st: the user hits the back/forward button
2nd: the user change the location on the browser.

Is it possible to detect this kind of behaviour ?
Best Regards

Vinicius