Sure. If you open a JIRA issue I'll remember it. You may run into other
issues with this though, as all the client encoding is done in utf 8.

On 9/13/06, Manri Offermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have some trouble with the DojoAjaxResponseBuilder. My webapp is using
Shift_JIS as the output character enconding.
A DirectLink component with async="true" works in Firefox but fails in IE.
had a closer look and replaced UTF-8 with Shift_JIS:

    void beginResponse()
    {
        _writer.printRaw("<?xml version=\"1.0\"
encoding=\"Shift_JIS\"?>");

in the DojoAjaxResponseBuilder implementation and my problem is solved.
Can
this be changed somehow, that it can be configured or that
"org.apache.tapestry.output-encoding" is used?

Best regards,

Manri Offermann