Okay, I've taken both suggestions. I've renamed my page to "StaleSession", and
altered my code slightly. It still doesn't seem to work.

  protected void handleStaleSessionException(IRequestCycle cycle,
StaleSessionException exception) throws IOException
  {
    cycle.activate("StaleSession");
    renderResponse(cycle);
  }

This is in my Border.java file.

However, all of my pages subclass an abstract class I've made for BasePage.
This overrides the validate() method of the page to check if the user has
permissions for that particular page. Could that be messing something up?
Should I put something in the validate() method? Is there some sort of
getExpired() function?

Thanks,
Greg