Once you have access to the HiveMind registry,
you should able to get the HttpServletRequest
from the hiveMind service
tapestry.globals.HttpServletRequest

(in the module descriptor tapestry.globals.xml)

I have not tried retreiving the above
HttpServletRequest hivemind serivce inside
a  sessionDestroyed(HttpSessionEvent).
The above is only a suggestion.

Shing

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.tapestry.user/39168/match=shing