Hi Daniel,

You are quite right! No problem with BeanForm component. The problem were somewhere else in the code...

Claus

D&J Gredler skrev:
Are you listing the properties explicitly, i.e. properties="name,description"? If that's the case, I don't see how the BeanForm knows anything at all about your ID field. And if there's not even a setId( ) method, there's no way at all for BeanForm to modify the property (it doesn't modify fields directly). Is your Group object marked persistent in the page specification? This sounds like a problem somewhere else...

Keep me updated,

Daniel