Yes Robert; that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I'm willing to write the meta component myself but I don't know how to ensure Tapestry loads the component dynamically. I'm sure there is a service somewhere and I simply use the path to the component or some such. Sadly; this is something I assumed would be a trivial thing to implement but now it's proving to be a nightmare.

Peter: I've poured over those examples closely now and I still don't see how this does what I need. I'm not trying to be argumentative or dense, but I'm not seeing how it provides what I'm looking for. The best I can come up with using RenderBlock is something like this:

TEMPLATE
-=-=-

PAGE USING TEMPLATE (one of almost 2000)
-=-=-

Thanks for any suggestions or advice!

Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Binna" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>