But I think renderComponent() would just be the rendering time of the page
similar to what I'm doing in the Border component? Maybe I should put some slow
down's in to double check.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lutz Hühnken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:38 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: Timing processing time of a page

I believe if your set the log level for tapestry to "debug", as in
putting a line like "log4j.logger.org.apache.tapestry=debug" in your
log4j.properties, it will output such information.

Like
19:30:56,135 DEBUG BaseComponent:89 - Begin render Home
19:30:57,807 DEBUG BaseComponent:95 - End render Home

It would probably be nicer to see the actual time amount then just the
two logging timestamps... I guess you could just modify/overwrite
BaseComponent.renderComponent to output that.

Hth,
Lutz