If I'm understanding the question correctly, you probably want to do:

   @InjectObject( "engine-service:external" )
   public abstract IEngineService getExternalService();

       ExternalServiceParameter param = new ExternalServiceParameter(
pageName, new Object[] { ... } );
       ILink link = this.getExternalService().getLink( false, param );
       return link;

Returning the external link to the page redirects to the page.