I was able to do this recently without too much trouble by studying this
code (though I use HtmlUnit as the client, rather than Selenium):

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tapestry-core/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/tapestry/integration/IntegrationTests.java?view=markup
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tapestry-core/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/tapestry/integration/JettyRunner.java?view=markup

It assumes a Maven2 directory structure, but you might be able to get some
ideas even if you aren't using Maven.