I don't know if this has always been this way as the first time I've
needed (but boy do I need it!) was yesterday, but I noticed 0in my app
and in the Timetracker that the dropdwontimepicker doesnt display the
currenlty selected value when the form is refreshed/reloaded.

That is, if I choose 12:15 PM in the dropdown time picker and submit
it, and that modifies a persistant value, the value of the Date object
is 1970-01-01 12:15:00 and when it gets stored in the db it shows up
as that, but when I reload the form, there's nothing to indicate the
value. The time picker doesn't "seem" to read it's property (or at
least you wouldn't know it had because it doesn't show anything), it
only updates the property.

Is there anyway to change this? Has anyone else dealt with this? Is
this counter intuitive to the way DatePicker works or am I off target?

If this is the desired behavior, can anyone tell me what hotwiring the
actual widgets through javascript to, on page load only, read in the
value and set the input fields .value property to a pre-extracted
string format of the java.util.Date would look like? Any shortcuts?
Essentially, I'm looking to circumvent spelunking through the dojo
DropdownDateTimePicker source code in dojo AND how it applies to
Tapestry if someone knows something I don't (as if often the case!)

Thanks soo much in advance,
Josh