It's an IE bug. If you have dojo handy you can call :

dojo.event.browser.clean(node)

right before you do any html replacement via innerHTML.

On 10/2/06, Marcos Godoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have developed an auto refresh component that draws itself and repaints
in the browser. It is using XTile to send the ajax request, it generates the
html markup in the server and when it is returned a javascript function
replaces the inner html of a div with the new contents.

I started to test the component and I see that the Internet Explorer
memory consumption increases and increases and increases. It could be an
InternetExplorer bug, but I would like to know if there is any workaround
for this problem.

Marcos Godoy

Lumina Americas S.A.

Pueyrredón 2446 6° Piso

(C1119ACU) Buenos Aires - Argentina

Phone: +54 (11) 4131 8583

Fax: +54 (11) 4131-8539

http://www.luminaamericas.com <http://www.luminaamericas.com/>

Este e-mail puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial y
concierne únicamente a la persona a la que está dirigido.

Si este mensaje no está dirigido a usted, por favor notifique al
remitente, bórrelo y no lo lea, no actúe en base a él, no lo imprima, no lo
divulgue, no lo copie, no lo retenga ni lo distribuya. En el siguiente link
encontrará otros términos importantes relacionados con este e-mail:
http://www.luminaamericas.com/email_terms.htm

This E-mail may contain privileged or confidential information and it is
intended only for the
use of the named recipient.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the
sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain
or redistribute it. In the following link you will find important additional
terms related to this E-mail:http://www.luminaamericas.com/email_terms.htm

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer