HiveMind doesn't require you to explicitly set your properties.  It has an
"autowire" feature.  So, HiveMind will set those properties for you just
becuase it has service points defined which implement those interfaces.

Tapestry-Acegi is not very well documented currently, but it's not really
rocket science.  All I did was set up the servlet filters as HiveMind
services and create a mechanism where you can supply servlet filters as
web request servicer filters (it wraps them and plugs them into the
pipeline).  I didn't want to rewrite all of the servlet filters that Acegi
is based upon, so I came up with the bridging idea and it seems to work
out well.  I plan on doing more work, like setting up form-based
authentication and giving examples of all of the setup options.

James Carman, President
Carman Consulting, Inc.