Jacob,

Try this...

Index.page:
<component id="articleComp" type="ArticleComp">
        <binding name="articleId" value="currentArticleId"/>
</component>

ArticleComp.jwc:
<parameter name="articleId" required="yes"/>

Index.java should contain getCurrentArticleId();

Regards,
Dennis

jake123 wrote:
Hi, I have a (hopefully) easy question. I have My index.page where I use some
components. One of them needs a parameter articleId passed to it from my
index.java file where I have a getArticleId().
I thaugh that I declared a parameter in the .page file and then use the same
parameter in my binding tag in the component like this:

       <parameter name="articleId" required="yes"/>

        <component id="articleComp" type="ArticleComp">
                <binding name="value" value="articleId"/>
        </component>

but I get an error when I do this.

Unexpected element parameter within page-specification.

So my question is: How do I pass my articleId from my index.java to my
custom component?

Thanks
Jacob