It's an IE bug. I've filed a JIRA issue with a workaround to fix this..I'll
probably do it in the next snapshot build.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1115

On 10/11/06, Christian Dutaret <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

I am facing some performance issues with my application using the latest
4.1.1 snapshot :
- on page load, the browser freezes a few seconds (much better than the
earlier 4.1 releases, but still slow)
- some resources seem not to be cached by IE (it performs better with FF).
For instance, on a DropdownDatePicker, each time I click on the calendar
icon on IE, it reloads all the calendar images.

I also noticed every now and then I have some error logs saying that it
couldn't load some classpath resources. If I reload the page, the resource
is normally found (sometimes I need to retry 2 or 3 times until it finds
all
the resources)

So I decided I'd try to copy all the dojo and tapestry js stuff under my
context root and load them through context-based assets. Although not very
elegant or maintainable, it would probably perform better and help IE to
properly cache resources. Unfortunately, this doesn't work: if I specify
dojoSource, dojoPath and tapestrySource as context-based assets on the
Shell
component, it still searches the resources on the classpath.

on my Border.java:
@Asset("context:static/dojo/dojo.js")
public abstract IAsset getDojoSource();

on my Border.html

on my error log:
WARN  Asset - Classpath resource '/static/dojo/dojo.js' does not exist.

So my questions:
- Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to make dojo stuff static?
- Are other people here experiencing the same performance issues?
- Are there any plan to address these performance issues?

Thanks
Ch.

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer