Inject the application state manager object. Then in the thread get
the actual state object.

        <service-point id="sessionFactory"
interface="com.transparentpolitics.core.appstate.TransPolSessionManager">
                <invoke-factory>
                        <construct
class="com.transparentpolitics.core.appstate.TransPolSessionManagerImpl"
initialize-method="init">
               <set-object property="stateManager"
value="infrastructure:applicationStateManager"/>
                        </construct>
                </invoke-factory>
        </service-point>

and then :
   transPolSession = (TransPolSession) stateManager.get("USER_INFORMATION");