I just tried upgrading Equinox (http://equinox.dev.java.net) from Tapestry
4.0.2 to 4.1 (b/c 4.1.1 isn't in the Maven repo) and I'm experiencing the
same issue.  I tried changing from:

        <input jwcid="@DatePicker" type="text" size="11"
value="ognl:user.birthday" id="birthday"
            translator="translator:date,pattern=MM/dd/yyyy"/>

        <input jwcid="@DropdownDatePicker" type="text" size="11"
value="ognl:user.birthday" id="birthday"
            translator="translator:date,pattern=MM/dd/yyyy"/>

But this results in an input field not even showing up.  In my Jetty 6 log
it shows:

2006-10-16 23:48:27.343::WARN:  ContentLength written==5418 !=
contentLength==1635

Client-side validation seems to be hosed as well.

Any ideas?  Has anyone successfully upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.1 successfully?

Other issues I experienced were that Tapestry-Flash and Tapestry-Spring both
rely on Tapestry 4.0.  Since the namespace in Maven changed from tapestry to
org.apache.tapestry, you need to exclude tapestry/tapestry from these
dependencies.

Matt