Is there an easy way of calling a listener after the page appears (rendered) on screen? I couldn't think of one, and so I tried having adding an event to the onload of the page:

<script type="text/javascript">
dojo.event.connect(window, "onload",dojo.byId("mockHidden").onclick());
</script>

or

<script type="text/javascript">
dojo.addOnLoad(function(e){ dojo.byId("mockHidden").onclick() });
</script>

where mockHidden is a component that has an eventlistener (the listener I want to have called after the page is loaded) attached to it in my .java file. If I call dojo.byId("mockHidden").onclick() from firebug's console, it works, but when the page loads it says :: dojo.byId("mockHidden").onclick is not a function.

I figured that was because tapestry connects the event at the end of the page (and that <script> block is somewhere before that). Is there any way of having the javascript called AFTER tapestry has connected the event?? Or is there another way of accomplishing this goal?

Thanks,
Peter Beshai