property files need to be encoded to ascii with
native2ascii
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/solaris/native2ascii.html

--- Malin Ljungh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Home_sv.properties has the special characters.
>
> And I use Tomcat.
>

> On 10/27/06, andyhot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Assuming you're working on Home.html,
> > which file contains your swedish characters?
> >

> > Malin Ljungh wrote:
> > > Guys, I really need your help tonight.
> > > I've been struggeling for days and I can't solve
> this.
> > >
> > > This is the thing:
> > > I have swedish characters in my properties files
> (localized app). I
> > > can not
> > > get these to be displayed correctly :[
> > >
> > > If I put the special characters directly in the
> html it works fine. If
> > > I put
> > > the special characters in my java source and
> display it with a @Insert
> > it
> > > works fine. -But not if they are in the
> properties file.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> > > Please please please... I'll be your slave ;)
> > >

> > --
> > Andreas Andreou - [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
> http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
> > Tapestry / Tacos developer
> > Open Source / J2EE Consulting

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Konstantin Ignatyev

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million
tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical
rainforest, create seventy-two miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one
hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add 2,700 tons of
CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263,000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:  Why the Environmental Movement Needs a
Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.  New York:  State
University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)