It's not dangerous or "bad" to add these things to a base class, though the
"new and cool" way people are doing these things is by injecting hivemind
services on an "as needed" basis.

On 10/30/06, Ken nashua <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Folks,

Given the array of options of doing things... I am annotation biased and
prefer to define a base class that all my pages use that performs things
via
annotation if possible.

1. I wonder what a base class would do to interfere with tapestry's core
processing though especially with regard to any reflection it performs
under
the hood. Is it generally dangerous to implement a base class that
performs
common operations (ex. provide get methods for getHomePage() or
getLoginPage(), getLogger(), getRole(), getUser() etc...)

I am just trying to minimize the amount of code in my java classes.

If anyone could elaborate on this topic that would be terrific.

Thanks