of course you could move this @Import statement into your HTML template :)

             Kristian
             Marinkovic
             <kristian.marinko                                          An
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]          "Tapestry users"
             >                          <users@tapestry.apache.org>
                                                                     Kopie
             03.11.2006 13:02
                                                                     Thema
                                        RE: Image localization with css
              Bitte antworten
                    an
             "Tapestry users"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                pache.org>

Hi,

you could generated a CSS with a @Import statement that depends on language
and style

kind of:

main.css:
/* all default rules that apply to all styles */

/* if lang=en */
@IMPORT url("lang_en.css");
/* else */
@IMPORT url("lang_default.css")
/*end */

lang_en.css:
/* just the rules that are different (background-image,....) */

g,
kris

             Denis McCarthy
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             letech.com>                                                An
                                        Tapestry users
             03.11.2006 12:52           <users@tapestry.apache.org>
                                                                     Kopie

              Bitte antworten                                        Thema
                    an                  Image localization with css
             "Tapestry users"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                pache.org>

Hi,
I need to support both localized images and images with several css
styles. For example, say I've 2 css files, CSS1 and CSS2, and need to
support 2 languages, EN and ES. What I'd like to support is 4 images
like this:

img_CSS1_EN
img_CSS1_ES
img_CSS2_EN
img_CSS2_ES

, each one appearing according to the style and locale selection

It's possible to localize the images using the @Image component, but I'm
not sure whether its possible to get this to play well with multiple
stylesheets (css doesn't seem to allow the definition of the src
attribute for img classes).

My only solution I have at the moment is the rather awkward one of
having a css file per locale per style - I'd prefer to only have a css
file per style and let tapestry look after the localization - including
the images.

Has anyone had this requirement before, and how did they solve it?
Thanks
Denis