Hello,

I'm not sure because I've never used it ... but I think tapestry 4.1 (I'm
using 4.0 because 4.1 is not stable) let you know which is the clientId for
a component:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-framework/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/IComponent.html#getClientId()

I don't know if this is what you've asked.

regards,
        r.