Can some tapestry savvy guys look at this and help us out here. Would really
appreciate the effort. This is quite a big blocker for me at present.
Thanks,
Srini.

On 11/10/06, Srinivas Yermal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

BTW We currently use version 4.0.2. and run it on tomcat. I would also
appreciate if somebody can point me to the "rewind" document if any. I have
heard so many stories about common newbie rewind mistakes but couldnt find
what they really are.
Thanks again.
Srini.

On 11/10/06, Srinivas Yermal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie trying to learn Tapestry. I did try to search through the
> archives for a solution, but couldnt find anything relavant. It would be
> great if someone could point me in the right direction.
>
> I have a page with a listing of a collection. I am using "For" component
> (ForBean) in the form. There are text fields against each item which has a
> value from the items in the collection. Now one can change the text value
> and hit the save button at the end of the form. The listener that is
> associated with the form gets called but I dont have a clue as to how I can
> obtain the changed values from the collection. I tried with both form
> listener and submit action listener. I always end up with a null or empty
> item collection.
>
> Some code snippet below -
>
> public abstract Collection getItems();
> public abstract void setItems(Collection items);
>
> ActionListener Method 1:
> public void saveHistory(IRequestCycle cycle, Object[] list) {
>         LOG.debug("saveHistory(cycle, array) invoked");
>         if (null == list) return;
>         for (Object o : list) {
>             Question mh = (Question)o;
>             LOG.debug(mh.getQuestionText() + " " + mh.getAnswerText());
>         }
> }
>
> ActionListener Method 2:
> public void saveHistory(IRequestCycle cycle) {
>         LOG.debug("saveHistory(cycle, array) invoked");
>         List list = cycle.getListenerParameters();
>         if (null == list) return;
>         for (Object o : list) {
>             Question mh = (Question)o;
>             LOG.debug(mh.getQuestionText() + " " + mh.getAnswerText());
>          }
> }
>

> FormListner Method:
> public void saveFormHistory(IRequestCycle cycle) {
>         LOG.debug("saveFormHistory(cyle) invoked");
>         Collection<Question> list = getItems();
>         if (null == list) return;
>         for (Question mh: list) {
>             LOG.debug(mh.getQuestionText () + " " + mh.getAnswerText());
>         }
> }
>
> The HTML file -
>
> <form jwcid="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" listener="listener:saveFormHistory">

Text</span></td>

--
http://www.indygosoft.com