On Nov 15, 2006, at 8:58 PM, Karthik N wrote:

erik,

from what i understand you have

Custom Component -> contains Form -> contains PropSel

Correct
- when the PropSel changes, then its enclosing Form causes the submit.

Correct
i have a suspicion this Form might be causing your Custom Component not to
rewind and hence probably  the
Custom Component never sets the model in its prepareForRender during the
rewind.

Correct
can you put a system.out.println in the Custom Component's prepareForRender
and see if it gets printed on the rewind cycle?

Verified by setting a breakpoint in the debugger. The Custom Component's prepareForRender was called before the page appeared but not during the form submit.

if not, probably you can consider moving the Form outside your Custom Comp.

Will consider a different way of handling the property selection that doesn't involve a form.