If I understand you correctly, you have some input fields which aren't
actually part of the form that gets submitted when the user clicks on
the image?  If that is the case, presumably you need to copy the
values back out of the hidden fields and into your input fields when
the page reloads.  If your input fields are part of the form and the
values are received during form rewind, then the only thing I can
imagine is that you have some code which is clearing the value those
fields are associated with before the render cycle begins.  You don't
have page initialization code in pageBegindRender() do you?

--sam