Andreas Andreou schrieb:
Since the form is in an 'area page' and tapestry's submits trigger the
same page
(i.e. the listeners are found on the current page) it's only normal that
the
validation listener will complain...
Can't you include the current area as a hidden form field, so that it
gets submitted
and your validation listener gets satisfied?
Yes, this is my actual workaraound for the problem. But this means that I need to add the hidden field to each and every form component that might be used on an area page. This is not what I would call intuitive. If ever someone else is to work on my code and add another form, he/she will be totally confused by the error thrown by the page validation listener, imho.

This, (though I dislike it) could also work:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-tapestry-user/200512.mbox/[EMAIL
 PROTECTED]
Maybe I'll try that one :-)
I could make an empty page which is used only for redirect-after-post and which has no page validation listener or begin render listener. However, this is also quite confusing since the listeners are in a separate class...

Regards
Bastian