Hello,

Unfortunatelly I've not followed the discussion about the subject.
As the new doc says for IAutocompleteModel.getValues():

* Expected to return a list of all possible values, filtering out values that * match the specified String in the <strong>label</strong> representation of the value.

Sorry for the late reaction but I think the previous version was better. I explain why.
In my application I use Autocompleter to list Hibernate objects.
Until this modification my query was:

   SELECT o.id,o.text FROM ... WHERE filter condition

but now I have to write

   SELECT o FROM ... WHERE filter condition

so the query must return full objects, it may require much more DB bandwidth.
I see that Autocompleter's implementation is now very clean

           key = model.getPrimaryKey(value);
           label = model.getLabelFor(value);

but it may have negative performance impact in case of more complex applications.

Sorry if I misunderstood something...

Regards:
Norbi