Great! thank you all. We will also adopt a similar approach

thanks
Karthik

On 12/18/06, D&J Gredler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Karthik -

I would use prop wherever possible, and at least consider writing new
methods in Java for the places that you can't currently use it. Not only
does that increase the amount of code that you can unit test, but you'll
see
definite speed improvements. Changing BeanForm to use prop instead of ognl
more than halved its typical rendering time. According to Howard, there's
lot of reflection and synchronization overhead to ognl, which is why it's
slower.

Take care,

Daniel