Hi James,

I created a class and had it implement
org.apache.hivemind.events.RegistryShutdownListener
interface and also
implemented the method public void
registryDidShutdown(); For the
method, I just had it print a debug statement my
standard out log.

However, when I redeploy my app, I don't see any
messages being printed
indicating that the shutdown method is being called. I
do though see
that my startup code is being executed. Do I need to
update the
hivemind.xml or another config file?

Thanks for your help,
Josh

James Carman wrote:
> Have your implementation class implement
> org.apache.hivemind.events.RegistryShutdownListener
interface and it
> will automatically be registered for the events by
HiveMind (as long
> as you're not using the threaded service model).
>

> On 12/26/06, Josh Joy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I was able to implement the below for
>> hivemind.startup...however is
>> there such a thing as hivemind.shutdown? I'm
looking
>> for the equivalent
>> of contextDestroyed?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh
>>
>> James Carman wrote:
>> > You let HiveMind inject stuff into your service
that
>> runs at startup:
>> >
>> > public class MyStartupClass implements Runnable
>> > {
>> >  private MyService myService;
>> >
>> >  public void setMyService( MyService myService )
>> >  {
>> >    this.myService = myService;
>> >  }
>> >
>> >  public void run()
>> >  {
>> >    myService.doSomethingThatMyServiceDoes();
>> >  }
>> > }
>> >
>> > HiveMind will "autowire" the MyService object
into
>> your MyStartupClass
>> > object (unless there is more than one service
point
>> within your HiveMind
>> > registry which implements the MyService
interface).
>> Then, declare your
>> > service point in the HiveMind module:
>> >
>> > <service-point id="SomeIdYouChoose"
>> interface="java.lang.Runnable">
>> >  <invoke-factory>
>> >    <construct
>> class="com.myco.somepackage.MyStartupClass" />
>> >  </invoke-factory>
>> > </service-point>
>> >
>> > Then, register your service with the startup
>> configuration point:
>> >
>> > <contribution
configuration-id="hivemind.Startup">
>> >  <startup object="service:SomeIdYouChoose" />
>> > </contribution>
>> >
>> > That's it!  Your Runnable class will now run upon
>> registry startup
>> > (creation), which happens in a Tapestry
application

wrote:

>> code, I am trying to

>> use:

>> RegistryBuilder.constructDefaultRegistry();
>> (MyService)registry.getService("

>> "RegistryBuilder.constructDefaultRegistry()" is not
registry,
>> when Tapestry is

>> whether it is from
>> "tapestry.init.ApplicationInitializers".

>> "hivemind.Startup" where you can
>> registry startup time (which

>> application is

>> achieve the same