Thats a very tricky thing - especialy if handled directly by tapestry, since one should not forget that some applications still would like to function correctly with tabbed/2-window browsing.

For your problem: you could do the following:
use a single state object and let each page initialize it:

Class MyStateObject ... {
  MyStateObject( String pageName ) { this.pageName = pageName; }
  public String getPageName() {...}
  public boolean isMatch( String pageName );
  // No setter !
}

in your page validate method:

if ( ! getMyState().isMatch( getPageName() )
  setMyState( new MyStateObjecT( getPageName() ) );

thats it.

on each transition, the state object will reset.

Cheers,
Ron

Dennis Sinelnikov wrote:
Hey guys,

I've searched and searched, but nothing too appealing popped up. Ideally, I would like to attach a listener to SomePage.java class. This listener would get fired when a user is leaving the current page. In this listener method, I would simply reset some of the persistent session properties.

Thoughts? Prayers?

-Dennis