I have used the following piece of code to retrieved
an
application ASO  in a
HttpSessionListener.sessionCreated method.
It might work in ServletContextListener as well.

// context is the servlet context
Registry registry = (Registry) context

.getAttribute(ApplicationServlet.REGISTRY_KEY_PREFIX_PUBLIC
                                                + "(the name of
ApplicationServlet given in
web.xml");

                ApplicationStateManager manager  =
(ApplicationStateManager)

registry.getService("tapestry.state.ApplicationStateManager",
ApplicationStateManager.class);
        MyApplicationObject myASO =
(MyApplicationObject)manager.get("myApplicationObject");

HTH
Shing

--- Tapestry User List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Happy new year !!!!
>
> I have created a class that implements
> ServletContextListener.
> In the method public void
> contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent event),
> I need to retrieve an Application State Object (ASO)
> of tapestry 4
> with an application scope (not session).
>
> My question is how to retrieve an Application State
> Object (ASO) from
> the ServletContext ?
>

> public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent
> event) {
>       ServletContext context =
> event.getServletContext();
>       // retrieve myApplicationObject here
> }
>
> In hivemodule.xml:
> <contribution

configuration-id="tapestry.state.ApplicationObjects">
>               <state-object name="myApplicationObject"
> scope="application">
>                       <create-instance class="ns.MyApplicationObject"/>
>               </state-object>
> </contribution>
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> D.