To bypass it i don't you can.
But you could  conditionate the execution of that particular initialization
code in the pageBeginRender by sending /not sending some variables in the
ajax requests.

Cheers,
Alex

On 1/18/07, jiju <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,
I have a pageBeginRender listener in my page class,I am fetching default
values from the database in this listener.
During ajax calls(say ajaxlinksubmit) to update a component in the page
,the
pageBeginRender listener is again invoked.
Is there any way to bypass this listener in Ajax calls ?