Sometimes it might make sense to have a setObject( ) with a little bit
different behavior... namely, if elements of the property path are null then
try to instantiate them, but ignore setObject( ) calls where the value to
set is null and one of the property path elements is also null. I've taken
this approach in the past with reflection-based bindings, and it's been
pretty nice.

On 1/30/07, Gentry, Michael (Contractor) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>