This is what amazed me about Open Source back in the days when I first
looked at early JBoss.

This is open source, so we do it for free / love of programming / etc

The fact is people from all over do 'love of programming' and contribute for
free and some manage to combine it with making money, some even using the
Open Source model in some way to do this. I think it is a pretty robust
model. I don't agree with the flase comparison with what management would or
wouldn't do. Actualy even the death of a project or version is fairly
straightforward. When there is no more impetus. Em, actually what could be
more purely market driven than that?
Any way, great work team. I'm waiting for the chance to find time to
download the latest from CVS.
Adam