this where my considerations:

- i have a listener with useful parameter names/types
- i do not have to define any abstract properties thus keeping
my controller class simpler and cleaner (.. and less code in .page :))

             andyhot
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             r>                                                         An
             Gesendet von:              Tapestry users
             andreas a                  <users@tapestry.apache.org>
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                       Kopie
             om>
                                                                     Thema
                                        Re: LinkSubmit and null parameters
             06.02.2007 11:27

              Bitte antworten
                    an
             "Tapestry users"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                pache.org>

ok, let's see...
if you have a form that includes a (validated) TextField,
and a LinkSubmit for that form, why use a parameter?

Kristian Marinkovic wrote:
> i will try as you propose :)
>
> but what bothers me is that i have a validator applied to the TextField.
> Shouldn't Tapestry check the validators before it proceeds to execute
> the listeners?
>
> I'm must admit, i'm not aware at which point of the request processing
> lifecycle validation is done. i was always expecting validators are
> always evalutated before anything else.
>
> can you give me some hints/clarifications?
>
> g,
> kris
>

>              andyhot

>              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>              r>
An
>              Gesendet von:              Tapestry users

>              andreas a                  <users@tapestry.apache.org>

>              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kopie
>              om>