it's the <br>

try <br />

Shing Hing Man wrote:
I have a Form component with parameter async=true, and
a plain html
submit button to submit the form. The Form parameter updateComponents is set to the id
of a piece of html code
that display  a value entered in the form.
When I click the submit button, the form is submitted
asynchronously. But the piece of html specified in the updateComponent
is not updated.
A debug message says WARNING: 15:11:46: No ajax-response elements recieved.

But in FireBug, I get the expected response :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE html
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";
[

<!ENTITY nbsp '&#160;'>

]>

<ajax-response><response id="output"
type="element"><div id="output">

                Your have entered : Holmer <br>

===================
My Tapestry page is given below. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Shing
==================
Java class :
public abstract class TestAjaxForm extends BasePage{
    private static Logger log =
Logger.getLogger(TestAjaxForm.class);

    public  abstract String getFirstName();

        public abstract void setFirstName(String str);

        public void formSubmit(IRequestCycle cycle){
                log.info("formSubmit: " + getFirstName());

===============
TestAjaxForm.page :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC
  "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry
Specification 4.0//EN" "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd";>

<page-specification
class="man.pages.ajaxform.TestAjaxForm"> <component id="form" type="Form" >
        <binding name="listener"
value="listener:formSubmit" /> <binding name="updateComponents"
value="ognl:{'output'}" />
                <binding name="clientValidationEnabled"
value="ognl:true"/>
       <binding name="async" value="ognl:true"/>
    </component>
<component id="firstNameLabel" type="FieldLabel">
                    <binding name="field"
value="component:firstNameTF"/> </component>

        <component id="firstNameTF" type="TextField">
                <binding name="displayName" value="literal:First
Name"/>
        <binding name="validators"
value="validators:required" />
                <binding name="value" value="ognl:firstName"/>
        </component>

</page-specification>

===============
TestAjaxForm.html :

<head jwcid="@Shell" title="TestAjaxForm" ajaxEnabled="true" browserLogLevel="DEBUG"
           debugEnabled="true"
           debugContainerId="literal:debugContainer" >
<title>TestAjaxForm</title>
 </head>

        <form jwcid="form">

Name</span> <INPUT jwcid="firstNameTF" type="text"
value=""/> <br>
<INPUT type="submit" value="Submit"/>
        </form>

null" >