Well Simply put... something like...  (in pseudo tapestry tags... hehe)

<@If condition=true >
    <component event listener attached to /> <!-- On click (condition
=false) (update updateDiv) -->
</If>

<@Else>
    content......
</else>

On 2/8/07, Jesse Kuhnert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ah...I guess that depends on how something is "conditionally"
rendered. If the renderComponent() method gets called on it and
Tapestry thinks you want it to get updated it'll happen.

Need more info on how it's being conditionally rendered.

On 2/7/07, Daniel Tabuenca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying out the new Tapestry 4.1.1 @EventListener annotation and it
> works great, except that if the event is on a component that is
> conditionally rendered, it breaks with the following error:
>
> FATAL exception raised: bad srcObj for srcFunc: onclick
>
> This is understandable since dojo cannot connect the requested event
> because the element does not exist.
>
> Is there a way to deal with this? Or should event listeners not be
> used with conditionally rendered components? Is there away to
> conditionally enable/disable EventListeners?

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer