Sorry about your deadline and thanks for taking it as far as you have.
Obviously, JBoss compatibility is pretty critical.  Something about
how JBoss explodes the WAR for deployment is wierd and I'm going to
have to debug it to add some kind of work around.

I've added a bug and will look into this this morning.

On 2/19/07, Aslak Gronflaten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2/18/07, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is Javassist a part of the "shared" classpath in JBoss 4.x?

Yes, javassist is the culprit for that part of the problem. Exchanging
the one that comes with jboss with a newer one ( javassist-3.3.ga.jar
) gets me a little bit further.
But then I get this:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule.buildInfrastructure(Log,
Collection) (for service 'tapestry.Infrastructure'): Error invoking
service contribution method
org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule.contributeInfrastructure(Configuration,
ServiceLocator, TypeCoercer, PropertyAccess): Error building service
proxy for service 'tapestry.ApplicationStateManager' (at
org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule.buildApplicationStateManager(Map,
ApplicationStatePersistenceStrategySource)): Unable to lookup class
org.apache.tapestry.services.ApplicationStateManager:
org.apache.tapestry.services.ApplicationStateManager
        at
org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.ServiceBuilderMethodInvoker.createObject(ServiceBuilderMethodInvoker.java:263)

which is I get when the tapestry jars are inside the war file. I can
dump them in the jboss lib to solve it (but I'm not allowed on my
webhotel), or change the jboss configuration, by setting this line

      <attribute name="UseJBossWebLoader">true</attribute>

in deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml

That will allow it to actually deploy the war file without errors.
However, there's still a big problem to which I've found no solution,
and that is when actually trying to see a page,  I get this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/local/jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp29557provis-exp.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/ec/tapfive/pages
(No such file or directory)

org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ComponentClassLocatorImpl.locateComponentClassNames(ComponentClassLocatorImpl.java:63)

org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ComponentClassResolverImpl.fillNameToClassNameMap(ComponentClassResolverImpl.java:156)

org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ComponentClassResolverImpl.rebuild(ComponentClassResolverImpl.java:141)

org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ComponentClassResolverImpl.rebuild(ComponentClassResolverImpl.java:124)

org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ComponentClassResolverImpl.locate(ComponentClassResolverImpl.java:236)

org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ComponentClassResolverImpl.resolvePageNameToClassName(ComponentClassResolverImpl.java:176)

This stacktrace is on osx - on windows it actually also says
(permission denied) with the FileNotFoundException.

Does anyone have any idea on how to get around this?
All these errors are replicateable with any minimal tapestry 5
application (try the tapestry-simple maven2 magic) on a standard
jboss, and thus we should try to find a solution. Also, my deadline is
tomorrow ;)

Thanks,
  Aslak

Howard M. Lewis Ship