Nice. I like that and the "0..." that you've added. Why can't we
replicate you for work on OGNL ? =p

On 3/6/07, Howard Lewis Ship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
customer?.address?.street

I've borrowed some syntax from Groovy to handle this case; the ?.
operator returns null if the LHS is null, otherwise is traverses into
the property on the RHS.

On 3/6/07, Angelo Luis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No no no...
>
> How can have a null handler now???
>
> If a have a customer -> address -> street in a text component, for example "
> custumer.address.street" and i dont instanciate a address, a
> NullPointerException is throw. With a ognl null handler, if the address is
> null he creates one , like Webwork... i dont need to instanciate all object
> graph to use in a page...
>
> i will have this same problem in t5?
>
> On 3/5/07, Howard Lewis Ship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Two problems here:
> >
> > 1) Not well formed XML.  That "<" inside the test attribute isn't
> > allow.  Use &lt;
> > 2) OGNL isn't supported in T5.
> >
> > For anything more complicated than a property access, you do the work
> > in Java code as a synthetic property.
> >
> > On 3/5/07, Davor Hrg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > maybe this was reported and solved but here it goes ...
> > >
> > > I've tried the tapestry tutorial and it was very nice and easy.
> > > I've made few mistakes but error reporting is great so it was fixed
> > quickly.
> > >
> > > the problem occured when I tried to add some of the proposed changes to
> > the
> > > app..
> > >
> > > just to test the expressions I added:
> > >         <t:comp type="If" test="ognl:index<5">
> > >
> > > but I get the error
> > > Failure parsing template context:WEB-INF/Guess.html: The value of
> > attribute
> > > "test" associated with an element type "t:comp" must not contain the '<'
> > > character.
> > >
> > > Am I doing it wrong, or it's just a bug to be fixed later....
> > >
> > > Davor Hrg
> > >

> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> > Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
> > Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> > Creator, Apache HiveMind
> >
> > Professional Tapestry training, mentoring, support
> > and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry