The code quality is very good, and what is done is very stable.
But a think you will have two problems:
- No upload component yet.
- No javascript support for components is bundled into de framework yet.

On 3/15/07, Celia Mou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Greeting, everyone!

I know Tapestry 5 only has preview releases at the moment.

I'm excited to see the auto-reloading feature, which is the main reason
why I'm considering it for the current project. Without this, though
I've done 2 projects with Tapestry 3, I would still tend to drop it
because it's just unreasonable having to restart the server for a simple
HTML change (in production environment, with Apache as web server).

Has anyone played enough with Tapestry 5 and have an idea about these:

1. How fast can the app be up at server restart?

2. Is it smooth working with Tomcat?

3. Basically, is there any major issue that would prevent one from using
it for production?

My project is due to finish within a month or two, so I actually need to
make a decision rather quickly, say within a few days. If I can't use
Tapestry 5, I might consider JSF.

Any suggestion or ideas will be extremely helpful!  Thanks a lot!

Celia