I haven't looked into this stuff yet, but if I were dealing with it I'd
probably just make a new ApplicationState class with a user property that I
could set at will, and let Tapestry instantiate the ApplicationState
whenever it wants to. Of course, once T5 supports ASO flags, you'd want to
start using those in order to prevent unnecessary session creation.