I see it as simplification rather than a restriction.
I guess I don't normally store application state in a bunch of separate strings; rather, I always store state in one or more POJO's, exactly analogous to the Pricing object. So, for me, less mess, because I don't have to have a bunch of extra string properties in my page, and less mess because I don't have to constantly refer to what I called some variable on some other page.

Robert