Pablo Ruggia wrote:

> There was a discussion last week on the same topic. Howard said that the
> best way was to keep a flag like "cancelSelected" and turn it on on the
> "selected" event. Then in the form "submit" event look to it and do what
> it
> needs to do.
> I think that it is very incovenient, it's a common use case having a lot
> of
> buttons, there should be a way to make events from submits button act like
> listeners in tap4, so they are called at last, when all the form has been
> processed, so it can redirect to another page.

In my opinion forms should be as simple as possible. From a UI design
perspective that helps to avoid user confusion. So either you leave a form
to save the input or you want to abandon it. Leads to only two submit
buttons.

If you need additional buttons to do additional processing while you are in
the form, you can always be notified via the OnSelect... callbacks, but you
should stay in the form and not leave it.

Stephan
--
http://www.stephan-schwab.com