Hi there,

I can't find a place to plug-in some custom preprocessing functionality into my component... The component is receiving some data via a parameter:

<parameter name="dataItem" ></parameter>

called like <div jwcid="@MyComponent" dataItem="ognl:currentLoopValueItem">here it
comes</div>

But I need to perform some preprocessing on dataItem before MyComponent is rendered. Where can I plug such functionality? I've tried to override renderComponent or prepareForRender but it seems that those methors are called FIVE TIMES for each component occurrance! And within some of those calls dataItem parameter value is present and within some - it's not. What's happening? Or - what am I doing wrong?

TIA,
Wojtek

//