It will be there waiting, no urgency :)

My email was more for any other T5 users who have an urgent need
(and a willingess to trial new code).  There seemed to be at least
a couple of people expressing interest previously.

BTW - the component is implemented as a separate library/project.

cheers
Ben

PS: And may I also say that the new DOM based markup writer is
very cool.  I was struggling for a while how to add an enctype
attribute to the enclosing form without needing to patch the core
code (my head was still stuck in t4 mode).  Then the penny dropped
& I realised I could just follow the parent elements up & add the
attribute from within the upload component. Nifty!!