I'm hearing that T5 javascript support is not fully implemented -
question - is it ready to handle a simple call like this?  IE: when the
button is pressed, it will first perform some local javascript, then
continue on with the submit process.  Does that work? If so, I must not
have the correct tapestry-javascript syntax because I'm not getting the
alert happening. Does this onClick need some reference to the scoping of
page or something like that?

<head>

<title>Reports</title>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!--

  function buttonClick(aString) {

alert("ping");

return true;

  }

-->

</SCRIPT>

</head>

     <t:form t:id="doReportsForm" action="reportsForm">

       <t:submit t:id="doReportsButton" name="Run Report"

value="Run Report" onClick="buttonClick('Submit')"/>

     </t:form>