On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 02:22:19PM +0530, Karthik N wrote:
> this is done both when a new page is created and before an existing
> page is retired to the pool
>
> now the problem is that when the same page object is returned, our
> retirement/creation logic is affected

I have no idea what the purpose of your strategy is, but it seems to me
that you are trying something that is not compatible with the lifecycle
of tapestry pages.

> hence we're looking for a way to create a new instance of the page
> even though the cycle might already have instantiated the page once
> before

You can instantiate a page by hand, but this will undermine the caching
strategy of tapestry. My guess is, that you are better off rethinking
your method of resolution.

Regards,
Christian

--
Christian Haselbach - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - +49 176 2082 5804
TNG Technology Consulting GmbH, Betastr. 13a, 85774 Unterföhring