From: "Howard Lewis Ship" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Sent: 25 April 2007 17:18:20 o'clock (GMT) Europe/London
Subject: Re: T5: Component com.bt.oi.scorecard.pages.Start does not
contain an embedded component with id 'html

http://localhost:9000/start  would also work

start.html is a reference to an action request:  page "start", component
"html", event type "action" (the default) and that's what Tapestry is
complaining about.

On 4/25/07, Alex Fishlock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> even odder.. when I go to the root of the webapp it actually works..
>
> ie. http://localhost:9000/ works
> but
> http://localhost:9000/Start.html does not
>
> what on earth have i done wrong..

org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.getEmbedde
> dElement(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:836)

org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.PageImpl.getComponentElementByNeste
> dId(PageImpl.java:83)

> org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ActionLinkHandlerImpl.handle
(ActionL
> inkHandlerImpl.java:69)

> org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ActionLinkHandlerImpl.handle
(ActionL
> inkHandlerImpl.java:53)

> org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ComponentActionDispatcher.dispatch
(C
> omponentActionDispatcher.java:115)

> org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule$12.service(
TapestryModule.java
> :1201)

> org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.LocalizationFilter.service
(Localizat
> ionFilter.java:43)

> org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule$3.service(
TapestryModule.java:
> 736)

> org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter.service
(StaticFile
> sFilter.java:63)

> org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke
(Check
> ForUpdatesFilter.java:91)

> org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke
(Check
> ForUpdatesFilter.java:82)

> org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.util.ConcurrentBarrier.withRead
(Concurren
> tBarrier.java:77)

> org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter.service
(CheckF
> orUpdatesFilter.java:104)

> org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule$11.service(
TapestryModule.java
> :1179)

> org.apache.tapestry.TapestryFilter.doFilter(TapestryFilter.java:115)

> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter
(ServletHandl
> er.java:1065)

> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)

> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java
:185
> )

> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)

> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)

> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle
(ContextHandlerCo
> llection.java:146)

> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(
HandlerCollection.java:
> 114)

> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
>
> o             org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)

> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)

> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete
(HttpConnect
> ion.java:751)
>
> o             org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java
:500)

> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)

> org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java
:32
> 9)

> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(
BoundedThreadPool.java
> :475)
>
> Request
>
> Context Path
>
> none (deployed as root)
>
> Request Path
>
> /Start.html
>

> Web.xml contains:
>
> <context-param>
>
>     <param-name>tapestry.app-package</param-name>
>
>     <param-value>com.bt.oi.scorecard</param-value>
>
>   </context-param>
>

> package com.bt.oi.scorecard.pages;
>
> public class Start
>
> {
>
>                 public Date getCurrentTime()
>
>                 {
>
>                                 return new Date();
>
>                 }
>
> }
>

> /src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/Start.html ->

>     <head>
>
>         <title>myapp Start Page</title>
>
>     </head>

>         <h1>myapp Start Page</h1>

> start your modifications.
>
>             Just to prove this is live: </p>

>             [<a t:type="PageLink" t:page="Start">refresh</a>]

> Thanks, Alex

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry