I asked that same question about a month ago and found there wasn't a good answer. Someone pointed me to Shing Hing Man's homepage (http://uk.geocities.com/matmsh/) where he posted some good information, but dojo's documentation wasn't nearly as helpful as it should have been.

The first huge gotcha is the "parseWidgets" attribute of the @Shell component. Tapestry (smartly) says this should be turned off. All dojo's docs assume it's on. For pure dojo work, prototype your stuff on a page with this on before you worry about adding the scripts to register widgets manually. Often, a good way to do this is with a manually created header outside a jwcid="$content$" area so you can toggle parseWidgets when testing your template.

Look at the tacos sources - they're much more informative than any documentation I found. Don't be afraid to use something other than dojo either - my team wasted a lot of time mucking around with dojo's editor2 before realizing FCKEditor was a better solution. The tapestry/dojo integration is very well thought out, but dojo itself has a number of rough edges.

-Steve

Paul Stanton wrote:
Hi, does anyone know of any good tutorials/demos for ajax with dojo and tapestry 4.1?

thanks.